Monday, September 21, 2009

random passage 1

Note: These are selected passages from some of my favorite books - not my own (although I wish they were). Anyhow, the newest stuff can always be found on the upper-right side of the page. I'll put old ones here as posts. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------

He said, "Aren't you my mother?"

"Oh Timmie."

"Are you angry because I asked?"

"No. Of course not."
"Because I know your name is Miss Fellowes, but-but sometimes, I call you 'Mother' inside. Is that all right?"

"Yes. Yes. It's all right. And I won't leave you any more and nothing will hurt you. I'll be with you to care for you always. call me Mother, so I can hear you."

"Mother," said Timmie contentedly, leaning his cheek against hers.

She rose, and, still holding him, stepped up on the chair. The sudden beginning of a shout from outside went unheard and, with her free hand, she yanked with all her weight at the cord where it hung suspended between two eyelets.

And Stasis was punctured and the room was empty.